What is Green Tea?
Green Tea has been the most popular beverage in Asian countries for centuries. Green tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, like Black tea. The Green tea and Black tea differentiate on the basis of how the tea is processed. Black tea is fermented during processing but green tea is not.
Once, the tea leaves are plucked, they are laid out to dry for about 8 to 24 hours. It helps to evaporate most of the water. Then to prevent oxidation/fermentation process, the leaves are steamed or pan-fried. Before the final drying takes place, the leaves are rolled. After this, the leaves which still look green are sorted, graded and packaged. Also, this lack of fermentation causes green tea to have more health benefits.
How to make a GREEN TEA?
- Boil water and pour it into a mug.
- Put a green tea tea-bag in the boiling water.
- Allow the tea bag to brew in the hot water for at least 3-5 minutes or as per your taste. (Strong/Mild)
- Remove the tea-bag.
- Ready to sip.
How GREEN TEA helps to LOSE WEIGHT
- Green tea has
thermogeniceffect which means that green tea contains natural ingredients that help in boosting our metabolism and hence, increase fat burning.
- Green tea contains high concentrations of catechin polyphenols called EGCG. These compounds work with other chemicals in the body to increase the level of oxidation of fat and thus raises your metabolic rate which helps in your weight loss.
- Green tea helps to control blood sugar levels. As a result, sugary cravings are less and energy levels are high. If you are able to control your sugar intake, you will probably eat healthier foods and this will help you to lose weight.
- Green tea is an effective appetite suppressant. It helps to decrease appetites and then,
inturn, helps you to lose weight quickly.
- Green tea is a natural diuretic which helps in releasing water weight in the form of urine.
- Green tea contains about 4 calories itself with a low caffeine level. Therefore, it is a great replacement for coffee/tea drinkers. Also, you can easily include green tea along with your evening snacks.
- Green tea not only boost your immune system but it will boost your energy to workout longer as a part of your exercise regimen. So, don’t forget to have a cup of green tea before your workout.
One should not consume more than 2-3 cups of green tea in a day.
Lastly, always remember that exercise and healthy diet are essential for any weight loss plan. It’s just that GREEN TEA can provide that additional boost which can help you to lose weight more efficiently.
Enjoy your cup of GREEN TEA everyday 🙂